Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Carnival hats



Today you'll see the last carnival picture for this year since the carnival season ends tonight. I went to one of the parades yesterday and here is the outcome. I saw so many funny/beautiful hats, that I decided to show them in a collage (and these are just some of them...). Hope you don't mind.

Two of the hats in the collage are quite traditional: the one of the "Funkenmariechen", which is the one in red with the white fur around, and the one in the lower right corner, which is the official hat of members of the carnival committee of each carnival club.

For more carnival parade pictures, please visit Rheingau Daily Photo.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Ineke said...

O how i love the woman with the roses!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Love the collage...nice hats btw :-) There's an event here in France...where people are voted for best hat. I think it's done in one of those polo events..so you can imagine the "bourgeois" women with all kinds of hats as big as the 'hats' show in San Francisco...Beach Blanket Babylon! :-D Neah..not that huge...Too bad this event is not in Antibes. I'm assumming it's in Paris somewhere...saw it on TV.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

dutchie - I think that was a lucky shot to get her with this smile on her face.

local b - take a picture for me when it happens! :)

Maya - unfortunately, I never went to the Beach Blanket Babylon show in SF. But I saw the pictures of the hats - very impressive! I always asked myself, how they can wear (or actually carry) them; they must be extremely heavy.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger perle de rosée said...

It's a beautiful montage. Or collage ? How did you make it? I'm asking for the secret of fabrication. Greetings.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Thank you, perle de rosée! The collage is done in PhotoShop. I've just cut out the circles and put them on a different background using the layers in PhotoShop. Do you want me to go into detail?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home