Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Construction Area 1


On one of my first photos I posted on this blog, Simon from Talinn Daily Photo commented that he lived in Wiesbaden in the seventies and remembers the then ultra-modern pedestrian precincts well.

There are still a lot of areas that probably haven't changed much since. This is one of the buildings right at the beginning of the pedestrian and shopping area. They started to dismantle it to build a new shopping center there - the future Luisen-Center.

Here you can see all the layers of the facade - first they used little mosaics in between the windows, then they covered the whole building with metal blends and to make it somehow more "interesting looking" they added some sort of a framework on top...

Although it's just a construction area, it still has a story to tell...

11 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger hfkais said...

very good composition.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Bob said...

Nice shot and composition. We should invent a game of blog Snap! - the first to say snap if the subjects are the same (similar) gets a prize.

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always liked "industrial landscapes". I think "industrial landscapes" are a legitimate theme for photography.

Nice picture. I like the orange punctuation mark!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Thanks kais and briang!

That's a funny idea, bob! Alright, let's do that... SNAP! ;-P

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger DiaKL said...

It think every place and every person always have a story to tell, which Im always happy to hear about it.. :) Very nice:)

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Interesting to know the process. I have a construction site just in from of my work and is good to see the evolution day by day.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Wolf said...

What goes up, must come down! Great photo, I like the way the buildings history is reveled.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger micki said...

Good photo, love the fact that you included the workers in the frame.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Sidney said...

It must cost a fortune to dismantle such a building. I just thought they would blew it up ! ;-)

 
At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, imagine the effort that goes into this work! btw I have a mural pic up for you :)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

dia - I agree with you! Thanks for your comment!

carlos - Isn't it amazing - I enjoy that as well! Sometimes it goes really fast. I wonder how long this one will take...

wolf - Yup, that's how it is. Thanks!

micki - Thanks for that feedback!

sidney - Right now it looks like they're planning to use some of the original building structure. We'll see...

grain of sand - Thanks for letting me know! I'll check it out right away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home