Thursday, April 13, 2006

Faulbrunnen

This is another one of Wiesbaden's fountains - the Faulbrunnen. Claudia, who left me a comment, had suggested to take this picture. She told me that she used to get a can of water for her grandmother here regularly. Unfortunately, the area around it seems to be construction area at the moment (there's a fence and machinery standing around). I'll check back to see if something changes.

An also interesting discovery was the facade of the building behind it. It's an office building of a bank. The glass has a light blue tint (one of their corporate colors) which made the sky look really nice blue. I'll have to go back and see if I can get some more interesting photos out of that...

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Kris said...

so, can u still take water from the fountain ?

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Yes, I think you can. I comes right from the spring.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Wolf said...

Intresting shot!!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger DiaKL said...

Thats a really nice reflection on the banks glass :)

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Interesting photo - very urban!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Sam said...

No more water!
What is that above. A walkway?

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Thanks for your comments wolf, dia, jenny!

Sam - that's just a rood so keep the water safe from downfalling leaves and dust. I hope that during the construction process they'll also do something to make this place look a bit nicer.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Ooops, I meant rooF!

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I am glad it is still there! This used to be a beautiful little spot to get the water and sit on a bench contemplating the day. I guess nothing stays the same for long. Wiesbaden was always a beautiful city. I enjoy your pictures very much. Keep up the good work.

Claudia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home