Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cleaning up

Although we had a holiday yesterday, I've had two crazy days of work. That's life as a freelancer. No selfpity, though, I'm totally enjoying it!

Tonight I'll have time to clean up, as this guy in my photo, whom I caught emptying the public garbage bins. Yep, those are their uniforms. I actually don't know what the official description is nowadays. Shame on me! We used to say "Müllmann" (garbage man) but I think it has been changed to something more "official"... Maybe one of my visitors knows???

6 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger micki said...

I don't know about where you are, but the way folks drive over here, that orange uniform is a must.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger hfkais said...

I love cars!!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Kala said...

freelancing is nice - freedom to work anywhere - oh, those look like biohazard suits!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

micki - Same here. I guess that's what the "officials" made decide on this uniform.

grainofsand - yep, you can see it from far away.

kais - hey you've got a new selfportrait up there.

nicholas - :). Nope, those are white over here as far as I know.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger ndiginiz said...

Tena koe ehoa
Here in Aotearoa we these workers are affectionately referred to as "Dusties". Descriptively I think they're classed as "waste disposal managers".
Only in the cities do they wear fluorescent uniforms, in the country areas its more your singlet and t shirt kinda job.
Our dusties are very fit and usually run beside the trucks more than they ride them when working.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

"Waste disposal manager" sounds like a description they could have here as well. Hmm, if it's not official I think everyone still uses the old job title, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home