Saturday, June 17, 2006

Flags everywhere

This is an area with lots of bars and restaurants to go out at night. Since I took this photo in the morning, there's wasn't really much going on, just some people having breakfast.

The building straight ahead (the former hotel "Goldener Brunnen") has nearly all the flags of participating teams of the World Cup displayed, I'd say. So what's your guess - who'll make it to the finals??? (needless to say that over here everyone puts their money on Germany) :)

P.S. I almost forgot - by now we're more than 100 City Daily Photo bloggers!!! That's an occasion to celebrate!!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger somebody said...

Since it will not be Bafana Bafana....:-( I will put my money on Holland :-)

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Nuno said...

I'm sorry to disappoint you all but finals will be Portugal with any surviver:) It could be Germany!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Admin said...

then, in france they'd bet for the blues of course ;-) good luck for whoever team that deserves it.

congrats for 100 city daily photo blogs! like i asked Karine also, how do you find time to check into all those daily blogs? i know also, you're generous in writing comments, so how do you do that everyday, nicola? ;-) the more the merrier, but it becomes more challenging to support everyone...don't you think? bravo guys...

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Bob said...

Mrs Bob, well-known in these parts for her expert fussball knowledge, says a country that begins with the letter "A" will win it. She was speaking in Catalan at the time so that could be Argentina, Alemania, Angola, Australia or Anglaterra. THe other finalist will therefore probably begin with teh letter "B"

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Marie McC said...

Sorry, folks, I'm not a sports fan so I will just say great photo! Wish I was having a drink there right now!

 
At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats for reaching 100 photos...nice shot of the street and beautiful architecture:-))
btw i think germany have a great chance for finals :-)

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am an American living with a view of the Goldener Brunnen outside my bedroom windows. I have often wondered about the history of the building. It seems only the first floor is being used now. Do you know anything more about it?
Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home